Home Forums General Forums News Trek 895 – Trek Completed

• This topic has 3,927 voices and 12 replies.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Boss Meri

Trekkers were met at the International airport yesterday and driven up to Sogeri Lodge. Around 7am this morning we picked them up for the drive out to the drop off point at Owers' Corner. Trekkers include :

[*]Kev Britton
      [*]Carrie Teese
      [*]Dr Ian Nguyen
      [*]Dr Terase Lancefield
      [*]Melinda Ford
      [*]Justin Hanrahan
      [*]Kathleen Lynch

On the way out to Owers' Corner we stopped at McDonald's Corner which provided us with another photograph opportunity.
    IMGP2669 1024×768.JPG
    IMGP2670 1024×768.JPG

Boss Meri

At Owers' Corner Melinda Ford met up with her personal porter, Cyprian Haera.
    IMGP2671 1024×768.JPG

Boss Meri

Justin Hanrahan also met up with his personal porter Kingsley Boropi.
    IMGP2672 1024×768.JPG

Boss Meri

Trekkers looked excited as they lined up for the group photographs before they walked off down towards Goldie River.
    IMGP2682 1024×768.JPG
    IMGP2683 1024×768.JPG

Boss Meri

It was soon time to bid our farewell to trek 895 as they walked off towards Goldie River but not before a minutes silence for Wallace Lemeki who sadly passed away on the 3rd February.
    IMGP2692 1024×768.JPG

Boss Meri

Goodbye trek 895.

The group were heading to Ua'Ule Creek but we have not heard if they ended up there or stopped at Goodwater for the night. One trekker had a pair of shoes that only made it to Goodwater when a request came in to purchase a pair of size 8 shoes and run them up to Owers' Corner.

This was done but before we arrived back up at Sogeri, another message came through saying Carrie needed a personal porter. Rather than return to Port Moresby, I was able to organise Eric Uwea from Sogeri to walk in and catch up with the group.
    IMGP2699 1024×768.JPG

If you are following this trek please visit our Trek Trakka section to see trek progress at the following URL : http://www.kokodatrail.com.au/trakka.html?tripid=KTR02-13-005

Boss Meri

This group have now reached Agulogo where they are camped for the night. Tomorrow they will walk through Menari and up Brigade Hill before heading down to Efogi the half way point for the night. All trekkers continue to do well.

Arnold said today they passed lots of trekkers walking in the opposite direction all heading to Owers' Corner for a pick up on the 24th April.
    Trek 744 Naoro to Agulogo – Swamp.JPG
    Agulogo.JPG

Boss Meri

Trekkers have now reached Efogi where they will spend the night. Well done everyone for reaching the half way point, its all down hill from here (joking).

According to Trevor, everyone is ok and enjoying their jungle experience.
    Lanununu Village – Efogi II.jpg

No Doubt everyone has been enjoying the online updates?

The trek Traka system also shows the location of the trek you are following. URL : http://www.kokodatra…id=KTR02-13-005

I thought I would we would show you a map with the locations trekkers visit whilst on the track.

Thanks,

Nathan & Kokoda Trekking Team
    KT Map.png

Boss Meri

Trekkers have now reached Alola Village where they are spending the night. Arnold said lots of mud around along with rain, so no doubt on Anzac Day 2013 trekkers will get a taste of what it was like for our diggers during the Kokoda Campaign.

All trekkers continue to do well.

A message from Kathleen Lynch : A big hello to my children, Pete, Scott and Abbey. I am doing just fine, love you and cannot wait to see you all, love Mum
    Alola-Village 640×480.jpg

Boss Meri

Congratulations are in order for this group of trekkers as they have just walked off the track around 9am this morning and are presently relaxing at Orohaven, our base in Kokoda.

Well done everyone from all of us here at Kokoda Trekking!
    IMGP1455 1280×768.JPG
    Kokoda Archwaya.jpg

Well first of all I wanna congratulate everyone on their successful trekking, next time I too wanna join Kokoda again. saucony australia

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.